The Reis Group, an award-winning communications firm specializing in health and social causes, is seeking to hire a full-time, paid intern for fall 2018.
The ideal candidate is a recent college graduate with a passion for health and/or science. Interns are vital members of our team and work alongside senior colleagues to assist media relations outreach, conduct research, monitor news coverage in national and local media, participate in brainstorms, and provide overall support for client accounts.
Our interns gain valuable experience in media relations, partnership building, and healthcare, working with many of the nation’s most respected associations, government agencies, philanthropic organizations, medical societies, and health initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in communications, health policy, or health and medicine.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle multiple assignments.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written skills (a writing test will be administered at the time of the interview).
- Ability to proofread a variety of materials quickly and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to understand complex client topics and issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (including basic design, formatting and using formulas).
- Proficiency in working with various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- The position is full time – 40 hours a week at $14/hour; $560 a week.
- Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Unpaid leave for vacations, appointments, etc., can be arranged in advance.
Anticipated start date is September 10th.Apply Now
The Reis Group
1300 19th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
No phone calls please