The Reis Group, an award-winning communications firm specializing in health, health care, science and social issues, is seeking to hire a full-time, paid intern for summer 2017.
The ideal candidate is a recent college graduate with a passion for health and/or science. Interns are vital members of our team and work alongside senior colleagues to assist media relations outreach, conduct research, monitor news coverage in national and local media, participate in brainstorms and provide overall support for client accounts.
Our interns gain valuable experience in media relations, partnership building and health care working with many of the nation’s most respected associations, government agencies, philanthropic organizations, medical societies and health initiatives.
· Demonstrated experience or interest in communications, health policy or health and medicine
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle multiple assignments
· Extraordinary attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written skills (a writing test will be administered at the time of the interview)
· Ability to proofread a variety of materials quickly and effectively
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability and willingness to understand complex client topics and issues
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (including basic design, formatting and using formulas)
· Proficiency in working with various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)
· Bachelor’s degree
· The position is full time – 40 hours a week at $14/hour; $560 a week
· Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
· Unpaid leave for vacations, appointments, etc., can be arranged in advance
To ApplyApply Now
The Reis Group
1300 19th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
*No phone calls please*