Terms & Privacy
Acceptance Procedure; Additional Terms and Conditions
The Rules Of Conduct
Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable local, state, and national laws and regulations. You shall not use, allow, or enable others to use the Site, or knowingly condone use of this Site by others, in any manner that is, attempts to, or is likely to:
- be obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, libelous, indecent, discourteous, racially or ethnically offensive, harassing, threatening, abusive, or discriminatory;
- affect us adversely or reflect negatively on us, the Site, our goodwill, name or reputation or cause duress, distress, or discomfort to us or anyone else, or discourage any person, firm, or enterprise from using all or any portion, features, or functions of the Site, or from advertising, linking, or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Site;
- send or result in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called “spamming” and “phishing”;
- transmit, distribute, or upload content materials or programs that contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, or other disabling devices or harmful components intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or part of the header information in any e-mail or posting for any reason;
- modify, disrupt, impair, alter, or interfere with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site or the rights or use and enjoyment of the Site by any other user;
- advocate or encourage any illegal activity;
- infringe upon or misappropriate the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity rights, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party;
- violate the privacy of individuals, including other users of the Site; or
- violate any applicable local, state, or national laws or regulations (anywhere in the world).
Ownership Of Intellectual Property Rights
Copyright Compliance Policy
We take protection of copyrights, both our own and others, very seriously. We therefore employ multiple measures to prevent copyright infringement over this Site and to promptly end any infringement that might occur.
How to Send a Notice of Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner (or the owner’s authorized agent) and have a good-faith belief that material on the Site infringes one of your copyrights, you may notify us using the following procedure. In order for us to process your notice of copyright infringement, it must be sent to the agent designated below and must include the information specified below. When we receive a notice under this procedure, we will expeditiously remove or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
Send your notice of infringement to our designated agent for receiving such notices:
The Reis Group, LLC
1300 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Telephone Number of Designated Agent: 202.868.4000.
E-mail Address of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your notice of infringement must be a written communication provided to the agent designated above that includes substantially the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Site is covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on the Site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Limitation Of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that neither The Reis Group, LLC nor any of its affiliates will be liable to you for any loss or damages, either actual or consequential, arising out of or relating to these terms, or to your (or any third party’s) use or inability to use this site, or to your reliance upon any information or material. In particular, The Reis Group, LLC and its affiliated entities will have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special, or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data), arising out of or relating to these terms, your use or inability to use this site, or to your reliance upon any information or material, whether based in verbal agreement, contract, tort, statutory, or other law, except only in the case of death or personal injury where, and only to the extent, that applicable law requires such liability. The remedies provided for under these terms are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these terms.
the information and material provided on, from, or through The Reis Group, LLC , its services, and the site is provided “as-is” and “as available,” and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed (including but not limited to the disclaimer of any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement). The site and related information, material, and services may contain bugs, errors, problems, or other limitations. The Reis Group, LLC and our affiliated parties have no liability whatsoever for your use of the site, information, material, and/or services. The Reis Group, LLC makes no warranty or representation that availability or use of the site, information, material, and/or services will be uninterrupted or error-free. You understand, acknowledge, and agree that you are assuming the entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, performance, timeliness, adequacy, completeness, correctness, authenticity, security, and validity of any and all features and functions of the site, including, without limitation, all information, materials, and services made available via the site.
Any articles, press clippings, or other third-party publications (collectively, “Publications”) made available through the Web site are furnished by The Reis Group, LLC for your convenience and information. The Reis Group, LLC is a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties (including users). Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information made available by third parties, including program hosts, information providers, or any user of the Web site, are those of the respective author(s) or publisher(s) and not of The Reis Group, LLC or its affiliates. The Reis Group, LLC DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE INFORMATION IN SUCH PUBLICATIONS IS ACCURATE OR COMPLETE.
Links to Sponsors and Other Third-party Sites
Certain links on the Web site will let you leave the Web site. These linked sites — for example, those of our partners and news sources — are not under the control of The Reis Group, LLC , and The Reis Group, LLC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. These links are provided for your convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by The Reis Group, LLC of any such linked site or the products therein.
We may terminate your use of the Site and/or access to any information, content, features, functionality, or services made available in connection therewith, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, without prior notice to you and without any liability or further obligation of any kind whatsoever to you or any other party.
We reserve the right to assume, at our sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any such claim or action and all negotiations for settlement, or compromise, and you agree to fully cooperate with us in the defense of any such claim, action, settlement or compromise negotiations, as we may request.