Named PR News’ 2018 Winner for Top Places to Work, the Reis Group is seeking to hire a full-time, paid intern starting in May 2019 and continuing through the end of August.
The ideal candidate is a recent college graduate who is curious, eager to learn and has a passion for health and/or science. Interns are vital members of our team and work alongside senior colleagues to assist media relations outreach, conduct research, handle social media, monitor news coverage in national and local media, participate in brainstorms and provide overall support for client accounts.
Our interns gain valuable experience in writing and communications and working in a fast-paced environment representing many of the nation’s most respected associations, government agencies, philanthropic organizations, foundations, and health initiatives.
Applications will be accepted through March 29, 2019
- Demonstrated experience or interest in communications, writing, policy or science
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills (a writing test will be administered at the time of the interview)
- Ability to proofread a variety of materials quickly and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to understand complex client topics and issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (including basic design, formatting and using formulas)
- Proficiency in working with various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Linked IN, Instagram, YouTube)
- Bachelor’s degree
This internship is full time – 40 hours a week at $14 hour / $560 a week. The work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm. Monday through Friday.
No phone calls please. The Reis Group is an equal opportunity employer.